2014: IT’S OVER, IT’S ALL OVER. Final tally was 465. Gross. No more of these posts in 2015. No one needs any more performative nerd bullshit after this endless toilet of a year. Let’s finish it up as close to raw data as possible. Here are the movies I watched in December 2014.
Travis Bickle On The Riviera hits episode 100 with the next show, and when we post that I might do a year end round up thing. Maybe not. Who cares. Back to work.
Fav movies that weren’t new in 2014:
New old movies: Torso (Sergio Martino), City on Fire (Ringo Lam) ~ first time in a decade, The Black Windmill (Don Siegel), Rabid Dogs (Mario Bava),Cannibal Holocaust (Ruggero Deodato), Chung Kuo Cina (Michelangelo Antonioni), Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (Elio Petri), Subway(Luc Besson), and Detention (Joseph Kahn).
Went to church: Suspiria, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Escape From New York, Days of Thunder, Get Carter, Last House on the Left, Robocop, and Scanners. And all the time spent with Father Schwarzenegger.
Most watched movie of the year: Suspiria.
- Quantum of Solace (2008), dir. Marc Foster
- For Your Consideration(2006), dir. Christopher Guest
- Best in Show(2000), dir. Christopher Guest
- Valley of the Dolls (1967), dir. Mark Robson.
- Days of Thunder (1990), dir. Tony Scott
- Drive Hard (2014), dir. Brian Trenchard-Smith
- Edge of Tomorrow (2014), dir. Doug Liman
- Firestorm (2014), dir. Alan Yuen
- Nightcrawler (2014), dir. Dan Gilroy – They studied all these groups, schools of fish, hockey teams. They say that the most important thing is communication.
- Tusk (2014), dir. Kevin Smith
- Enemy (2014), dir. Denis Villeneuve
- Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji (2014), dir. Takashi Miike
- Neighbors (2014), dir. Nicholas Stoller
- The Grand Budapest Hotel(2014), dir. Wes Anderson
- Calvary (2014), dir. John Michael McDonagh
- Locke (2014), dir. Steven Knight
- Clouds of Sils Maria (2014), dir. Olivier Assayas
- Cheap Thrills (2014), dir. E.L. Katz
- The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle movie (2000), dir. Des McAnuff
- Stretch (2014), dir. Joe Carnahan
- Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out (1989), dir. Monte Hellman
- Desperate Living (1977), dir. Jon Waters
- Flesh and Blood (1985), dir. Paul Verhoeven.
- The Guest (2014), dir. Adam Wingard
- Skeleton Twins (2014), dir. Craig Johnson
- Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989), dir. Kazuki Omori
- Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (2009), dir. Michael Bay
- They Came Together (2014), dir. David Wain
- Why Don’t You Play in Hell (2014), dir. Sion Sono
- ’71 (2014), dir. Yann Demange
- The Street Fighter (1974), dir Shigehiro Ozawa
- Return of the Street Fighter (1974), dir. Shigehiro Ozawa
- Night Moves (2014), dir. Kelly Reichardt
- The Gambler (2014), dir. Rupert Wyatt
- Die Hard (1988), dir. John McTiernan
- The Interview (2014), dir. Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg – In the theater, wasn’t good or bad enough to really have feelings about, let’s be honest. I hope Randall Park gets a ton of work.
- Up In Smoke (1978), dir. Lou Adler
- The Double (2014), dir. Richard Ayoade
- Starred Up (2014), dir. David Mackenzie
- Noah (2014), dir. Darren Aronofsky
- Used Cars (1980), dir. Robert Zemeckis
- Gone Girl (2014), dir. David Fincher
- The Three Musketeers (1973), dir. Richard Lester
- The Four Musketeers (1974), dir. Richard Lester
- Non-Stop (2014), dir. Juame Collet-Serra
- On Set with John Carpenter: The Photographs of Kim Gottlieb-Walker
- Vineland by Thomas Pynchon